Friday, 24 April 2015

Morocco - from a dogs point of view

Hi, I'm Disco, you probably have seen in me in a lot of pictures by now so I thought it was about time for me to introduce myself properly. I am a nine year old dachshund (birthday april 8, YAY for me!). I was born at Kung Karls Kennel outside Eskilstuna in Sweden and am a pure pedegree from a long line of champions. I soon found my family with these two crazy guys. It's been a fun ride to train them to act the way I want them to and I think I have done a quite good job. I do get my way most of the time, either by being cunning or cute. 

Here I am in Marrakech, my new home town

I used to spend my days in Stockholm, enjoying long summer vaccations in the archipelago, go to my "grand parents" Agneta & Lennart whenever my masters went away and occasionally travel with my masters to Italy or France and stay in very nice and pet friendly five star hotels. It was indeed a very nice life with good food, normal routines, long walks and nice people to guard and look after. I like to guard and it is my sole purpose in life to keep my flock together, it's easier said then done with these two guys.

We have a new great house with lots of rooms, terraces and a pool, where I am not allowed to swim - HA, I'll be the judge of that!

Then something happend, we re-located to Morocco! The best country in the world! A lot of smells I never felt before, a lot of interesting garbage and a lot of great food. We live in a HUGE house with a lot of rooms and floors where I can go on discovery tours and hide if I want to. What I love about our new house is that there is only one entrance door to guard - so convenient! And the roof terrace is just perfect for lazying about and keeping an eye on things.

Here they are, my two pets. Pretty much like moving rocks, but quicker then you would expect.

There is a very nice person named Rachida who is in charge of the kitchen, I think she may actually be god, or at least the queen. She has full access to eveything a dog could dream about and the kitchen here is pure heaven. Yes she is definatley god. Or the queen of Morocco. Rachida is great fun and often drops delicious food for me on the floor. She also takes me for walks and make sure I have plenty to eat and drink. Another thing I love about Morocco are all the low tray tables where I easily can enjoy snacks when the people look the other way and the low lounge sofas that are so easy to jump up in.


Me and my friend, the puppy Joe. He is OK to play with for some 20 minutes but he can be quite intense and I am after all middleaged now.

I can't believe all the fuzz i made back in Sweden over one cat or one bird in the garden in our summerhouse or when the mailman came! Here people are coming and going all the time and there are cats everywhere. Even though I try to keep up my guardian profession I just sometimes let it all go. 

I like the architecture here, and the colours totally match me!

And the cats! Don't get me started about the cats here! The alleys and roof terraces are full of them! I actually try to play it cool and they seem to avoid me. In our terrace I of course keep them away, they stick to the high walls. After all, cats are just like really ugly dogs with a great balance. I have pets of my own here, two turtles. They are pretty much like moving rocks and we like each other. They eat sallad so we don't compete for food or attention.

Here I am with Per up in snowy Oukemaiden, almost like back in Sweden

Our neighbours are nice, they all know me by name and greet me very polite when we pass. I like the grown ups. They are friendly and mean well. The kids can be a bit anoying since they all want to padd me and make strange noices, the noices they make are supposed to be dog barks but it's just plain stupid. Dogs don't bark like that. So I just ignore them completley, no style what so ever. Overall Moroccans are not very used to dogs, but some of them are starting to get dogs as a fashion accesoary after seeing wealthy expats with dogs. I hope I can start a trend for dachshunds.

On the road again, god knows where to this time?!

My masters keep taking me on trips, I like that since we get to stay together and I normally get a lot of long walks in new environments. 

Lounging in a hotel after a day of travlling

Just arrived to Fes. Fes was a nice city but not as cool as Marrakech, a bit too provincial for my taste.

They took me to this nice lake for a walk

This constant posing for photos.... You can tell that I'm bored

Waterfalls!!

I like the smell of history and green grass

A blue city - cool!

My masters have excellent taste in hotels, I always get a nice place to sleep and lots of extra goodies when we travel.

Chefchaouen, not so many cats...

On a scenic walk

This is our driver Mohammed, I let him think he knows what he's doing but he hasn't got a clue how to walk a dog.

In Rabat, checking out the King's horses

In Rabat we stayed in a nice riad, I kept escaping our suite all the time, great fun!

Here I am at an Italian restaurant. I like Italian food and Italians love me! I agree with Madonna, Italians do it better, food that is.

Chasing waves at the Atlantic coast

So what else is new with me? Well, I miss my grandparents Agneta&Lennart as well as Annelie. Annelie is great, she is super nice person and very very kind. She is like a dog that is human! So smart and beautiful! If I were a human and not castrated I would marry Annelie! 

Here is Annelie visiting me in in Marrakech, look how she provides shade for me - that's what friends are for!

I enjoy the sun, the  smells and the sounds of this crazy city and I think it's been theraputic for me to develop my behavior towards cats, I believe I have matured.

Wait, did I hear some one calling out for dinner? Or was it a call to prayer again? Who cares, I better run down to the kitchen just to make sure. I like it here, I hope we stay for a long long time.

Me and my Masters in our new home, we like it here. I trained these guys well I think. 
- Did anyone say food?

Well, now you know my side of the story. Voff! 
Disco